Sunday, May 4, 2014

TEARS OF A NATION By Faith Mueni

What gets in the mind of a murderer?
There are so many prodigal sons
On our city streets they rum
Thirsty of blood and harm
Tonight there are homes broken
Kinsmen gathered to sight of their lost ones
In the graveyard they graze amid storms
Storms of fear and anguish
Of a life lost through a veiled source
Its an emergency!

Baby Osinya woke up yesternight
He is still calling for mama
The trauma still fresh on the young blood
Yet not a day has passed the hood
Without grieving screens of blasts
Baby's are calling for dying parents
Wives husbands no more
The natives hope have taken to the bush
Under a prophetic skies in a sea of peace we lived!
Its an emergency!

The enemy's sacred veil is no more
Holding the Scriptures he smiles doom!
And sends a death scent in the air
They have extinguished our mortal touch in life
Yesterday's wicked tongue bares today's tears
We are but painted pictures of clones
I'm stretching my hand from a distance
To pick that man left crippled by your acts
So tell me I plead,
What substance whereof are you made?

Of all wonders that I yet have heard
It seems most strange that men should kill
Seeing that death is a necessary end
It will come when it may but blasts
The Nation wails,my eyes are wet!
We hurry yet another innocent soul
As a blur of hope sets off the horizon
We are reduced to shadows of our honor
Tell us now life snatchers,till when do I weep
My heart tonight is in that coffin!


Condolences to all the families affected by the blast...My the Lord be with you
By

Faith Mueni

No comments:

Post a Comment