Saturday, May 3, 2014

DEAR FORGIVENESS

Dear Forgiveness,

My soul needs to understand your language,the souls of many too.Am writing to you so that you can hear our pain and tell us how we should forgive yet the language of the universe gives us so many reasons to hate,to kill,to destroy,to cry,to torture,the list is endless.Mr.forgiveness.They tell me,The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.If we hold a grudge against someone, the door to God will be closed. It will be absolutely closed, with no way to him. Only if we forgive others will we be forgiven.Is this true? How? Tell me in a language that is easy for my soul no matter how hard it is can listen.


Why Forgive? brings together survivors of crime, betrayal, bigotry, and abuse - and ordinary men and women plagued by everyday strife.How do you forgive someone who killed your family member in your presence,burnt your house to ashes,blow off your business deal due to selfish motives,how Mr.Forgiveness how? The woman or man who destroy a marriage that took so long to build? The best friend who betrayed your trust ? The employee who woke up and told you we no longer need your services yet you have no bank account? The couple who decide to end things because you are not financially stable yet they ate and drunk with you when you had plenty? The person you thought made you whole,gave meaning to your life leaving you for another person and you find it hard to let go due to memories and promises you made?  How do you forgive that person who physically you abuse you? That driver whose careless driving kill all your family members?That landlord who locked you out for not paying rent for two months yet you have been doing so for five years? That couple who decided you will not see kids your sired together,your blood and flesh?

How do you  discover a miracle in your own heart that allows you to reach out and begin to build between you a bridge of reconciliation? You keep on rubbing this on my face -To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.How do you want me not to remember all  these nefarious activities and channel forgiveness?You tell me if I don't  leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd  be in prison.Your language clearly tells me not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.

My soul intuitively understood your paradoxical nature-Mr.Forgiveness,or should I call you Mrs/Ms as women forgive easily.The bitter truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.As hate in your heart will consume you too .You have everything to do with relieving oneself of the burden of being a victim--letting go of the pain and transforming oneself from victim to survivor.

Please Forgiveness liaise with Mr.Universe so that he can be lenient.For my part what I can not love I will overlook.lets work together.
By
  Esther Wavinya

No comments:

Post a Comment