Friday, May 2, 2014

JESUS TAKE MY BOAT.

This journey is tough,the tides are so rough
The waves of life,too strong for my weak heart,
Doubt routers like a butterfly just grown wings,
Stirring the spicy nostalgic aroma of despondence,
And ever time I try looking further,
Congealed smile of fate makes me blink!

I try wearing that winning smile,
But the memory that comes with it throws my esteem back to gutter level,
I stand to give that winning testimony,
But every time I stand on the altar of hope,
Devil of the past remind me that am a loser!
I'm a loser who lost to fate

Silent hostility grows in me
As my heart continues to constrict with pain,
Abrasive hand of fate continues to grind my face with shame,
Leaving me to be just another one of its statistics,
Yes!this is the unforgiving whip of life,
To those who fall prey and not its master,

For this I tell you Lord Jesus,
I can row my boat no more,
The wind of pain is too strong,
The aroma of challenges too overwhelming,
My vision remains a blur in a stormy sea of life,
Jesus please take my boat!
By
Faith Mueni

No comments:

Post a Comment