Tuesday, May 6, 2014

BROKEN TO PIECES


I look into her eyes
All I see is pain from her past
A broken spirit
Lurking so close within
I'm wondering why she hurt so much
My heart tearing apart with dismay
A sight I can't bear to keep anymore
Why is she so torn into the flesh?
Why is she so broken and frustrated?

Did I do anything wrong?
Do I cause her so much pain?
Why does she say"you won't understand?"
When in fact she can't understand herself?
When will she learn to let go?
And let me in on her pain?
How long till the pain grows to a lifestyle?
Can't she see what she is doing to me?
Does she not care how this affects my path?
Why does she feel its okay to sow this in me?
I ask myself so many questions as I ponder on


She is always complaining
Even when I did nothing wrong
She is always in tears
Even when I felt I earned her smiles
Have never wants to talk about it
Each time I ask about him
She is in misery
Even when she promises to care
She has never been a shoulder
She always carries too much weight

I do not know him
But I hate that he made her so bitter
Bitter towards me,towards the world
I do not care who he was
But I wish he were present
Present to see whom she has become
I do not feel for him
Not until I know the truth

I wish she could open up to me someday
So I can know why she makes me feel empty
I wish I could do something differently
Maybe she could learn to love me better
Going through those punishments
For a crime I knew nothing about
Life now feels like broken pieces of her mirror
It feel as though my life is a reflection of her memories
And breaks my heart in deed.
By
 Faith Mueni

No comments:

Post a Comment