Wednesday, February 12, 2014

SELF-REALIZATION by Muia Dennis

I was born like any other child. Raised in the hardships of life. In one way or another I was forced to learn from the harsh experiences of life. Now I am a grown man. Beards cover my face, physical changes are evident since my childhood, a character of a noble man.
My parents were martinet. Staunch in all that pertained education. I made hay while the sun shined. Like the early bird I caught the worm. But then, that was not enough. A life was in for the awaiting. I geared up for the ride, tightened my seat belt, but all that stroke me was a series of epiphanies. My aerial thoughts consistently faced fierce turbulence.
My eyes brought light to my entire body, but the world was dark for the eyes. Gullibility, I betrayed my eyes and flesh. My life is in scuffle. Grieve is a persistent visitor in my heart. I am a slave of events. But then that's not how I want it. I must fight for my victory. I am a god of myself.
I am obliged to bury my old self. Ignite my eyes for the light, for light excels darkness. What benefits me to be a guest of the dark? What is it that contravenes my soul? Nothing shall make me a laugh of life. Change is all I need, for my rebirth. A new me, a light for the world. A point of reference, an icon for the city, a radiant star for the dark. For nothing is unachievable.

By
 
Muia Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment