Thursday, February 13, 2014

HANDBAG GONE IN SPLIT SECOND


 
Handbag gone in split seconds

Snatch theft is becoming a serious issue nowadays. Females are usually the victims of snatch-thief so be extra cautious with whatever you are carrying. I have witnessed ladies being snatched their handbags but never have I been a victim of such incidents or thought of ever being one. Life is full of incredible events and unexpected surprises that change our moods. And sometimes they can even shock us. Loosing your valuables to a stranger is very shocking,the snatching is a moral buster. Such people should burn in hell. My critics also falls on the owner as I perceive them to be lackadaisical in handling their belongings. At times I would assume such incidents as being extrinsic reinforcements to the owner to be more vigilant all the time as a city is filled with morons who are unhappy with life hence want to extend their miserable life to those who are contented and ecstatic with life.

I vividly recall a snatch incidence which occurred one evening around Muthurwa while in traffic jam in a local bus heading home from a long tiresome day.
”Hey,mwizi,mwizi,ameiba bag yangu(Hey,a thief has stolen my handbag)”shrieked a young lady in her mid twenties. Her piercing shrill cry caught the passengers attention. There was silence suddenly around us,as we saw the guy disappearing beyond the buildings. The missus whose handbag had gone in mil-seconds was crying as if the entire world, and all of its beauty, had come to an end. I pitied her and wished I could do something like a super hero and follow that contemptibly obnoxious person , return the bag to her hence saving the day and putting a smile back on this poor lady who was laden with grief and fear but that was liberal thinking. The passengers pantomimed different emotions regarding this incident. Some were encouraging but other were giving negative critics to the lady insinuating that she was reckless with her belongings. If only she had been alert she wouldn’t be in such situation. Humanity has different ways of expressing fear by criticizing a situation forgetting they might be victims of such later on.

A missus handbag is her mini-world. She moves around with her world in her hands. Women’s handbags certainly contain an odd mixture of things. There are two categories of object :things women consider essential (phone, keys, tissues, aspirin, makeup, wallet); and the rest, all the apparently useless treasures related to memorable events, emotions and superstition. Ladies throw things they don’t need in there and then forget about them. Some men say that if you need any scrap metals just ask the lady next to you and she will give it out. Hence the bag is reassuring that its to ready to cope with any eventuality. You can imagine someone taking away your min-world,depressing and daunting,right!! Mark you,a woman's handbag is a bit like a man's car: it corresponds to the image they wish to project.



Whoever said that you never know how it hurts until you experience it yourself,said it well and so true. I can affirm this when I lost my mini world: due to snatching,then I recalled the agony of the lady who had undergone similar incident.

I was done for the day,so I headed to the bus station, boarded the bus and decided to take a nap. I normally do naps in the buses while listening to music via my smart phone. This is therapeutic to me. Hardly had the bus left the station than this dishonest,greedy man snatch my hand bag from me. He stretched out an arm,opened the window in a second and grabbed hold of my handbag very tightly such that I could not armor it with my arms. split second, I saw his face - cruel, glaring eyes and menacing expression. My heart skipped a bit and the incidence hit me in my solar plexus as I watched helplessly the jerk of a man who has taken my mini-world from me disappearing beyond the buildings. I felt alone in this vast world.
    A great pain welled up in me, I wept silently after the passenger stopped giving me their condolences as if I had lost an arm or an eye. I hated this soothing as I deeply know it was my lose not theirs and to them they really don’t care only pretense but I accepted their words with broad smile and reassured them am okay. Meanwhile some good citizen outside the bus tried to pursue the thief but he was never apprehended and I doubt I will ever see him again. However, I will never forget the menacing look he had given me.

    This got me to thinking, I have lost lots of things. Most of my valuable , important document and identification. I cursed the worthless man,I hoped that he will never have peace and joy ever as he had inflicted pain in me. I accepted that the crowd ruling that criminals should be eliminated as they inflict pain to humanity who work day in day out so that they can flourish their mini-world. They are incurable optimist as they want to get results and wealth first by annihilating other peoples freedom. We are living in a world of peace and war:in war our handbags gone,wallets gone,even at times our wigs gone rendering one bald. This is not something to smile about. My understanding of freedom is doing what one loves be it stealing,so long as you don’t interfere with freedom of others. The archenemy of freedom is fear and this is what was left of me.


    By




No comments:

Post a Comment