Monday, February 24, 2014

I want to write by Oscar Shakespeare Ghitto

It leaves me in awe to think of how the day starts, knowing that there has never been a day that has ever been like the other. Every day brings its share of worry and hope. Everyday has its own challenges; everyday has its good side, and today was no different, save for my thoughts. I woke up feeling sickly and worn out. I felt tired as if I had been tilling on a piece of land the whole night, but I still dared to think about the day. How would it be? Would I live to see the sun set? Thoughts have a way of haunting someone. So that he thinks of his own death, so that he visualizes how his life would be after his demise. The dawn of each day propels these feelings forward; for the soul is alive, for the soul is still in its resident, comfortably tucked under the warmest corner.
I have a particular feeling that the knowledge of the start and the end of the day should not have come to being. I carry this thought that hours should trudge on, without pausing, without looking back and whistling so that they let you know of their death and their rebirth, their recantation. Hours should be benevolent. They should be understanding and not harsh, so that they worry not the soul, So that it remains duped. When the soul is duped, human life becomes easy and comfortable. It is best to live in a particular time and space, dedicating your thoughts to that specific moment, restraining yourself to t is happening at particular juncture. Dedicating your thoughts and feelings to the very living moment of your life is a good step towards the achievement of peace. I have experienced it, and that is why I want to write.
There are moments in my life when am seized by this spirit whose origin I know not. It leads me to a world of thought. So that am forced to think. It forces me to ponder about anything. When I woke up today, I had already felt its presence. I knew that I had to ponder about something, and that was the birth of this writing. I took a pen and a paper, not knowing what I should write, yet writing. That is the life I live. That is the life I shall live. From dust to dust, ash to ash. I will forever be literati, eking a living from writing. I shall continue to write when the spirit wears me, for it left me in the midst of this conversation; this conversation between my pen and the slate. This conversation that truly disappoints when cut short, but what can I do? I cannot force the spirits. I have to wait.


Oscar Shakespeare Ghitto

No comments:

Post a Comment