Wednesday, April 9, 2014

IN THE FIELDS by Mutie Oscar Ghitto

(The moon is shining, washing everything in its queenly light. The night is still young, and a young couple is thriving under the moon, biting the fruit of their love. When you look at their faces, you are sure to see that when you are in love,time becomes timeless. The conversation has been born between the couple, John and Stacy.)

JOHN: (letting Stacy rest her head on his chest. He is caressing her Hair. Their eyes are held) I do not know what is beautiful. Is it the night or is it the moon?

STACY: I know what is beautiful. The most beautiful of all things is the being. The being who accords another a place in their soul, you can be sure am staring right into his eyes.

JOHN: I wanted to say that the moon is beautiful, because you are my moon. But you got me. There is no reason to force lines.

STACY: (Kissing him. such a gentle kiss) No need my love. No need for words, let our hearts do the talking, let our souls marry. Isn't it wonderful to sit back and feel everything falling into its place? I realize that today is the best night that I will ever have.

JOHN: (Adjusting his color. Emotions are getting the better of him.) Sometimes I feel as if am drowning in a deep sea of illusion. Sometimes I look at you and begin to wonder. How come I call you my love? I am yet to come in terms with reality. If it ever exists.

STACY: (looking amused) Why?

JOHN: Love. I have never imagined whether you would ever be mine, but here we are. How can you explain it? You, lying so comfortably on my chest, the soft breeze awakening our skin, the moon even seems brighter than the other days. I tell you my love, it is a miracle to me.

STACY: A miracle it is. I will let known to you a secret of my heart. A sad secret indeed. You see, I used to loathe you. I abhorred your behavior. I did not like the way your were. You being so weak and vulnerable made my blood rush to the head. I hated you.

JOHN: Yet you loved me. I can see it in your pretty little eyes,how watery they can become. I know you loved me.

STACY (Rising up, making John to wake up too. They are taking a stroll) I loved you? I do not know whether what I had for you could really be called love. It was utterly absurd. I mean, sometimes I could look at you with admiration, wishing that you were mine, only to loathe you the next minute. Talk about being confused. But here we are now, the past is laughing with us, for I surely Imagine it wanted us to be happy. We are happy. Aren't we?

JOHN:(Taking Stacy's hand) I know I shall tell a tale, years to come. A tale of two hearts that were in love and could not let go each other. Why don't we hold each other's arms and become careless this night. To smell any flower that we can lay our hands on, to trek in the fields and let our hands feel the soil. Why don't we play in the moon, and remind ourselves of those childhood memories? C'mon my love

(They pull each other and begin to play. It is the best sight you could ever want to see. Two beings in love. That is in itself a mystery. For how can we understand love? Its root, who can uproot them? Its heights, who can soar them?, Its brength?, who can explain it? Love is such a wonderful experience)

No comments:

Post a Comment