Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dear God

Dear God,

              Hello, how are things over there? I hope that everything is turning great. My name is Jonny. You created me. Remember? Well, God, am writing to you this letter with a light heart. A light one indeed. First, I would like to thank you for creating me wonderfully. In your image as a matter of fact. Second, I would like to return my gratitude for letting me breath today. It is great fun to be alive except for a few worries here and there. Few worries. Your mercy surpasses everything. There is no one greater than you are. You are the mover of mountains, the molder of everything that crawls. Yes, you are the fountain that issues forth happiness and love. You are the mighty oak of strength. There is no being that can break your high walls. There is no arrow that can reach your kingdom. You are the river of understanding. Your wisdom surpasses all wisdom, no knowledge can explain your workings.

It is due to this strong character of yours that I come calling at your door. Am beseeching you to let me in. I want to have a glance at your kingdom. I hear that there is a fountain of crystal. I would love to see it sparkle, it would really dazzle my eyes. Lord, I hear that your palace is not gold coated, it is gold itself. I would really like to tread on it bare footed so that I can know how it feels. Dear Lord, there is no place like yours. Not one that I can dream of. It is by this virtue that I crawl on my knees to your place. It is a place of healing as I am meant to understand.

Lord, I have discarded earthly pleasures, I want to seek true pleasure in you, for you are the beginning and the end, as they say , you are Alpha and Omega. I want you to lead my way lord, so that you illuminate the paths I shall tread on. I want you to hold my hand, as a father holds his child. Lead me on the correct ways. Rebuke me if I do evil, for you are the best dear lord.

I have no more to say, except that you created me with a purpose, except that I hope our covenant is still breathing, and if not, grant me to the opportunity. A second chance, just as you did to your people. Thank you for listening. It was an honor talking to you. It makes my heart even lighter. I love you God, and not once will I be ashamed to say so. I have been before, but not anymore, for the one who does so is but a misguided fool. Thank you again for listening. Thank you for making it possible. I shall wait.


Your son,

           Mutie Oscar Ghitto

No comments:

Post a Comment