Thursday, January 23, 2014

DARKNESS IN THE LIGHT OF LOVE by Oscar Shakespeare Ghitto



(it is in john's house. he is a recently married chap who is having a chat with his bosom buddy. the action takes place in the living room.)
JOHN: the chance to see an angel has always been a magical experience. leave alone courting her.
IAN: Angels are delicate creatures. they love a gentle touch. they love that smooth voice that can arouse the love that sleeps in their marvelous hearts. like you said, it is a magical experience to sight one.
JOHN: I sighted one. she was, an angel among angels. at first,
JOHN: Yes, i lost my sight. i could not stand the shape of her curvaceous body. nor the tenderness of her skin. i felt ashamed of myself, that an inferior being like me could lust after an angel. an heavenly being.
IAN: So, what did you do? did you flee her sight?. i understand that the sight of a beauty can torment. it is known to drive men round the bend.
JOHN: I wanted to flee. then i released that my legs had become rebellious. moreover, my heart bled terribly. i would have died.
IAN: it is ridiculous how the sight of beauty can elicit fear to the very cores of death. it still amuses me. it is my bet that you are not deceased, for if so, i would be talking to a ghost.
JOHN: the story is always sweeter when the audience is patient. don't spoil it my good friend.
IAN: I am dying of suspense here, lets get back to the angel. i can almost see her appearing.
JOHN: I had to speak to her, even if it was to mumble but a few words. it would have done my heart great justice.
IAN: ......Mumble? why would you mumble at the sight of that creature your heart yearns for? iam to undertand that the fairest of the creatures send cold shivers all over our beings, yet, one would be very dunce to let this come in the way. it denies the person the chance to know the intrigues of love. it gives one the chance to tour the heart of the other, so that you can find your favorite spot.
JOHN: it is always funny how the audience advices the wrestler how to wrestle his opponent down, yet, the advisor..
 JOHN: Has never known the art of wrestling.
IAN: Everyone know that love is commonplace. let alone humans, animals experience this thing. it is not an art as you are insinuating. it is however, a gift. a gift that we have no recognition of. we only come to learn of it when tears gather. having squandered its kind of offer.

JOHN: I cannot trash what you've said. but one thing remains solid. every human has his way of perceiving things. angels only appear in the hearts of men, who understand the angels....
By

Oscar Shakespeare Ghitto

No comments:

Post a Comment